Motorhome & Recreational Vehicle Resource

Since 1996

Search RV-Coach Online

Email Author email Joann Scholz  Reply to Message reply to message  Post New Message post new message      search forums
All Postings that advertise items for sale will be deleted from the Discussion Forum. You may post sale items for free in the Classifieds section. Sign up now.
All Messages in ThreadAuthorDate
House batteries Joann Scholz 8-14-15  
Good morning.... I live in a 1996 Tiffin Allegro bay.... My husband passed away last year, so here I am with no knowledge of Rvs. My problem is I replaced the coach batteries 3 weeks ago, but once again the batteries have drained again. I checked the fuses on the power converter and they are good. Can someone please help me solve this problem...Thank you
Re: house batteries BUBBA THE BUS TECH 8-17-15  
Depending on what batteries are in the unit it is common for them to be dead in 3 weeks unless charged or disconected. The LPG detector fridge furnace water heater all draw a tiny amount of power all the time. Most large class A Motor Homes do have a bettery disconect system. Using correctly will prevent this issue.

Good Luck
Re: house batteries RVTech 9-12-15  
If you have the coach plugged into AC, the converter converts AC to DC and sends the DC to the power station, the power converter does not have fuses, that is the power station that the converter is connected to. If you are running lights, frig, ect on 12 volt, the converter should take care of that also as that is another primary function as you are plugged into AC and should not take away from the batteries at all. Check the converter and see if it is putting out more than 13.5-14.2 volts if it is, the converter is fried. The converter only function is to convert AC to DC and supply it to the power center, the power center then distributes the DC to all the 12volt wiring in the coach including charging the battery. The only items that use AC is the Air Conditioner, Frig., Lights, Microwave and that is all. All the controls for everything in the coach is 12 volt DC current, even the ones I just mentioned except for the microwave. Plug your coach into 30 amp plug in and check your batteries with a Ohm meter and see if they have 13.5-14.2 volts, if they do then they will charge and the converter is good, if you have more than 14.2, say 17.6 then your converter is bad and you will need to replace it, the power center is still good. Hope that helps!
Required fields in red
For more info about a field, place your mouse over the More Info icon.
Your Name:
Your Email:

Code is case-sensitive. Helps stop SPAM.

Advertise Here
Get Media Kit NOW!

Get Media Kit to Advertise!

Advertiser Links

Back to Top