Search RV-Coach Online
|email Denny reply to message post new message search forums|
ATTENTION: DO NOT POST ADS IN FORUMS!|
All Postings that advertise items for sale will be deleted from the Discussion Forum. You may post sale items for free in the Classifieds section. Sign up now.
|All Messages in Thread||Author||Date|
|Auto Park stuck on||Denny||2-21-18|
|Stuck in boonies with AUTO PARK stuck on.|
1996 Winnebago P30 Adventurer 34
How can I manually release it please??
|Re: Auto Park stuck on||Zane||2-22-18|
|Found this in another forum:|
Go to workhorse.com
- click on electronic parts catalog
- click on 04 transmission-brake system
- go to parking brake system (C7P/J71)(1991-1996)(P3(42))
- Click on it
- Look at view a part (65) = what is part 1,2,3 below in procedure. print down the picture and you will have a diagram EMERGENCY RELEASE OF PARKING BRAKE--MOTOR HOME CHASSIS (FROM THE BOOK FROM WORKHORSE ).
If your transmission is in Park (P) and the vehicle wont start,and you need to release the automatic parking brake,do the following:
1) Apply the manual parking brake and turn ignition to RUN.
2) Push and hold the regular brake pedal down and shift the transmission to NEUTRAL (N).
IF YOU ARE NOT HOLDING THE REGULAR BRAKE PEDAL DOWN AND THE PARKING BRAKE RELEASES,THE VEHICLE COULD ROLL. YOU OR OTHERS COULD BE INJURED.
When the AUTO PARK brake warning light goes out, the electric AUTO PARK brake is released.The key must be left in RUN to keep the AUTO PARK brake released. If the battery
is dead,you will need to jump start your vehicle (see "Jump Starting" earlier in this section).
3) Release the manual parking brake.The AUTO PARK warning light will go out at this time.
The automatic parking brake must be released before your vehicle can be towed.
If the parking brake wont release,there is a way to release it manually. The next part shows you how to do it, but please follow these steps carefully.
Use the following procedure to manually release the automatic parking brake:
1) Block the wheels and release the manual parking brake.
2) Go to the slotted bracket inside the parking brake assembly.Remove the cotter pin (1) from the actuator cable clevis pin.
3) Pry the parking brake clevis (2) from the clevis pin eye (3) Now be sure to apply the manual parking brake.
Remove only these parts. Don't remove other parts,such as the cotter pin or clevis pin in the manual foot brake cable, or the cable in the parking brake assembly at the rear
of the transmission.
The automatic parking brake system should now be released and the vehicle should be ready for towing.
Keep the parts you have removed (cotter pin, clevis pin,washers and any other parts)in a safe place,so you'll be able to find them later.
Hope this helps...
|Re: Auto Park stuck on||Denny||2-22-18|
|Dacam - THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! It worked! I was up all night searching for that very answer but didn't find it. Ten minutes under the coach and I was FREE. I'm now parked on a beach in Texas and I can sort out the problem (or I'll just have a beer and go fishing).|