Motorhome & Recreational Vehicle Resource

Since 1996

Search RV-Coach Online

Email Author email vance  Reply to Message reply to message  Post New Message post new message      search forums
All Postings that advertise items for sale will be deleted from the Discussion Forum. You may post sale items for free in the Classifieds section. Sign up now.
All Messages in ThreadAuthorDate
Bus license 20 passenger vance 1-24-07  
Hi folks..i know this is posted in the wrong area, but maybe someone can help me..i am planning a road trip to orlando from wisconsin with a total of 15 or 16 people. was planning on renting a few big vans, but tomorrow i am going to look at a 20 passenger bus. do i need a special license for driving that, with that many people..i came across this forum thread somehow, and hope somebody can help me out.. does it make a difference if its private party, or charter ??
thanks so much...
Re: bus license 20 passenger Phil Feinstein 1-25-07  
If you are renting commercial equipment, then you will need a CDL license. A class C will cover carrying 20 passengers. You will need an air brake endorsement if the vehicle has air brakes.

The only exception is if you own the bus and it is titled as non-commercial (like a motorhome designation or recreational truck or something similar) in that instance you can drive the bus without a commercial license.

Hope that helps!
Required fields in red
For more info about a field, place your mouse over the More Info icon.
Your Name:
Your Email:

Code is case-sensitive. Helps stop SPAM.

Advertise Here
Get Media Kit NOW!

Get Media Kit to Advertise!

Advertiser Links

Back to Top