Search RV-Coach Online
|email Rachel reply to message post new message search forums|
ATTENTION: DO NOT POST ADS IN FORUMS!|
All Postings that advertise items for sale will be deleted from the Discussion Forum. You may post sale items for free in the Classifieds section. Sign up now.
|Re: 1975 Argosy Airstream Air Condition unit by Rachel|
|Hello. I just had a 1975 24' Argosy stolen and I'm desparately searching for clues. Just wanted to send you the info. I didn't have an air conditioning unit in mine, though. Not sure where/who you bought it from, but here is the info anyway.I'm sure you can imagine the heart ache. : (
Plate # XCB9560
Title # 63036278001FU
WHERE'S THE TWINK?
Sometime in February 2007, my beloved 1975 Airstream Argosy camper disappeared. It was earned the name of "Twink" because of its keen resemblance to a Twinkie, hence the priceless photo I took while on my road trip. The Twink has taken me many places, from mountains to desserts to beaches to cities and every wacky redneck town in between.
WHERE'S THE TWINK BEEN?
Last year I kind of lost my marbles from working too hard. I had a successful marketing company in Philly, but I really needed to get away. While some people choose a nice vacation, I decided to blow all of my money on a vintage 1975 Airstream Argosy camper, trade in my Jetta for a Ford F150 and hit the road for a few months. Here's the story: (http://philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=12375)
Here’s a Holiday Photo Shoot We Did in It: (http://www.rachelsguide.com/archives/?p=99)
WHERE'S THE TWINK NOW?
I don't know, so I need your help! Imagine the horror when I drove by to check on the TWINK in the parking lot where I had parked it all year and... it wasn't there!!! "No sweat," I thought, "it must have been towed." But when the police had no records of any towing or abandoned vehicle reports, the terrible truth hit me. My Twink had been stolen.
I am DEVASTATED. The TWINK means so much to me, has taken me so many places and I had pictured traveling with it for years to come. I had dreamed of making the TWINK into a career somehow - pitching some book ideas, maybe trying to get a show, a sponsorship perhaps... And now it's gone. Someone has to know something. Please help me find the TWINK!
• 24’ 1975 Airstream Argosy Camper Trailer
• Beige Exterior with Orange Trim & Brown Bumper
• Large ARGOSY Logo Over Back Window
• Pimp 70’s Interior with Olive Green Countertops & “Airplane” Overhead Compartments
• Kitchen & Diner Booth that Converts into a Bed, Bedroom with Dresser, Bathroom with Shower
• Cushions are light green with pastel yellow & green stripes on some sides.
• Some Camping & Kitchen Supplies in the Cabinets
• 70’s Vintage Playboy Magazines in the Magazine Rack (essential for any road trip!)
• Rusty step for the front door, one side of the step sometimes broken
• Broken shelf in the bathroom closet
• Couch off of the tracks when you try to convert it into a bed
• The pantry closet in the kitchen won’t stay closed
• Wax in the kitchen sink from melted candles
If seen or found, please contact your local police department and then me. You are welcome to remain anonymous.
Rachel: 215.888.8885 email@example.com
|All Messages in Thread||Author||Date|
|1975 Argosy Airstream Air Condition unit||Melissa||6-22-06|
|Re: 1975 Argosy Airstream Air Condition unit||Joe W.||10-8-06|
|Re: 1975 Argosy Airstream Air Condition unit||Rachel||3-10-07|