Are there any items prohibited from being advertised on RVCN sites?
Do to recent events, we have added a list of items prohibited from being advertised in our classifieds. Some items seem silly to post here, but we live in a bizarre world, and RVCN takes seriously our policies to ensure compliance.
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the
items or services listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale
under all applicable laws and regulations. You may not sell the following
items or services under any circumstances:
- Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including the following:
- Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and
- Switchblade knives.
- Any concealed weapon.
- Any explosive device.
- Martial arts weapons.
- Cigarettes, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow,
manufacture, or distribute the same), prescription drugs, and medical devices,
including any medical device that requires fitting by a certified practitioner
or licensed seller.
- Any item that violates any U.S. export law or regulation, including any
items subject to the terms of U.S. trade sanctions.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that
violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including items that are:
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or
- Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups
or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts,
such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan. Official government-issue stamps and coins
are not prohibited under this policy. Expressive media, such as books and
films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by RVCN in
its sole discretion.
Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection
of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as
well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected
by law or regulation.
Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U.S. Consumer
Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise
obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, or other types of communications.
Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids. For example: cadavers, organs, "clean"
urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, breast milk.
Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit
(e.g., fake IDs for age verification, fake government credentials, passports,
green cards, birth certificates), police badges or insignia, and any other
law enforcement items (e.g., FBI identification cards, badges, uniforms, flashing
lights/sirens, etc.) generally restricted for sale under federal and state
Stocks and securities.
Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags,
raffles, slot machines, etc.).
Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations
of the event venue.
Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner
inconsistent with federal, state, or legal regulations.
Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons,
including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned (e.g.,
Any items that are "adult oriented" in nature or marketed in an objectionable
manner, as determined in RVCN's sole discretion.
Any other item or service that violates any applicable federal, state, or
local law or regulation or which RVCN determines, in its sole discretion,
is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by RVCN.
- "Replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of
a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps,
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic
versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including
lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.