Motorhome & Recreational Vehicle Resource

Since 1996

Search RV-Coach Online

Email Author email Rick  Reply to Message reply to message  Post New Message post new message      search forums
ATTENTION: DO NOT POST ADS IN FORUMS!
All Postings that advertise items for sale will be deleted from the Discussion Forum. You may post sale items for free in the Classifieds section. Sign up now.
All Messages in ThreadAuthorDate
Ford motorhome ignition problem Rick 5-28-14  
My 1999 ford motorhome would intermittently not start but acc. Would work and now nothing. Starter and battery are good. Think it might be the ignition assembly switch, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Ford motorhome ignition problem BUBBA THE BUS TECH 5-29-14  
So we either have (85% probability ) a bad ignition switch or the components from the key down the steering colum are worn out. The other 15% is an electrical problem you will have to check for.

The ignition switch is on two studs or bolts below dash level. Depending on trim and base model the switch may have one or two harness plugs. Standard motor products has a picture of the switch in their on line catalog.http://www.standardbrand.com/Online%20Catalogs-eCatalog/Content.aspx

To test, remove switch, inspect harness plugs where the plug in, common failure is a switch that wears out gets hot and damages the harness plugs.

Means a new switch and new repair conectors. You might get lucky with stealing a harnes off a wreck, but I wouldnt lay a bet.

If you don't see a obvious problem, get a test light out and check for power feeds, there are normally two or three, your local auto parts store can probably print you a wiring diagram. Rtail oriented stores usually provide this service either free or cheap.

Good Luck
Required fields in red
For more info about a field, place your mouse over the More Info icon.
Subject:
Your Name:
Your Email:
Message:



Code is case-sensitive. Helps stop SPAM.
       


Advertise Here
Get Media Kit NOW!






Get Media Kit to Advertise!

Advertiser Links

Back to Top