Motorhome & Recreational Vehicle Resource

Since 1996

Search RV-Coach Online

Email Author email Larry Kerson  Reply to Message reply to message  Post New Message post new message      search forums
All Postings that advertise items for sale will be deleted from the Discussion Forum. You may post sale items for free in the Classifieds section. Sign up now.
All Messages in ThreadAuthorDate
Registering RV Larry Kerson 8-4-03  

I am new to the RV lifestyle having just purchased a 1979 Class C.I have lived in WA for the past several years and now plan to travel.I will be travelling throughout the Northwest and at this point have no real home other than the RV.I was thinking that if I registered in Oregon or Montana I would save about 400 dollars,which I could put toward a generator.I don't think registering in another state is dishonest in this instance because I truly have no other home.The thing is I have no proof of residence.Am I asking for trouble by pursuing this route?Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Registering RV Cee 12-5-03  
I registered my bus conversion in my home state, WA., for $125.00 which included title transfer. You will find that you save in WA. when you get tags for your plates. $35.00 a year is hard to beat. All you need is a P.O. box and maybe a friends home address. If you have a WA> drivers licence, thats good. If not, a fishing licence is good as proof of residence. And cheaper than a drivers licence now.
Re: Registering RV Greg 8-10-04  
If you get a post box at Mailboxes ETC or UPS Store in your desired state, that will work too. Just pick a state that you plan to go back to on a yearly basis, because you'll have to re-up your inspection sticker which is the only thing that can't be done by mail.

MBE is a good service and inexpensive - they will collect and hold your mail and forward it to you wherever you are in the country for free. In my exp. these stores are franchises owned by locals who are just plain good people. I had an MBE box years ago and I got christmas cookies every year from the owner. I've met several other owners through networking groups and they're all great folk.
Re: Registering RV rrk 9-6-04  
We have done a good deal of investigating the same situation. If you do not have a state of residency and can pick your state,two quick choices come to mind. Montana and South Dakota. Each can offer real benefits for you.
Re: Registering RV Ken White 8-7-05  
I am thinking of registering our car and motor home in montana. What is the cost to start a Montana holding corporation and does montana have a vehicle inspection. Thanks Ken
Required fields in red
For more info about a field, place your mouse over the More Info icon.
Your Name:
Your Email:

Code is case-sensitive. Helps stop SPAM.

Advertise Here
Get Media Kit NOW!

Get Media Kit to Advertise!

Advertiser Links

Back to Top